There’s officially absolutely no characterization for a heritage window; however there are lots of windows described and also reported to be, heritage windows. Historic England does however relate to standard windows ideal for Heritage Assets. To be ideal for a Heritage Asset such as for instance in a conservation area, the window will have standing approximately close scrutiny by the preparation officer to make certain it’s a great visual match in appearance on the timber original. Consequentially, cutting corners wouldn’t be feasible in this this situation.
Nevertheless, with respect to brand new create tasks that follow a far more conventional design, or maybe property owners with period like houses which have allowed development rights, no such scrutiny will be put on. It’s thus very convenient to provide a window which, to all purposes as well as intents would show up regular to the untrained eye. The upside of this because of the consumer would seem to be the cost though the worth just might be in question.
Apart from looking thin, stylish and beautiful, just what does a client need to get in a really standard but small upkeep sash window designed by professionals?
· Slim sightlines through the lower and upper sashes to maximise the noticeable glass area
· Equal panes in both sashes to produce a healthy look in line with authentic timber sash windows
· “Putty line” glazing and also staff bead external frames
· Neat chamfered matching astragal bars externally and also ovolo internally to complement originals
· Foiled woodgrain finish
· Continuous sash horns
· Patented Timberweld timber effect’ butt jointed’ corner construction
· Bonded Georgian bars, precision cut inside and out for a 3 dimensional character with a patented clip structure to completely secure the bars in place
· Deep bottom rail sympathetic to authentic designs
· Integral mullion for multi light windows in order to lessen sightlines from 153mm to 99mm and then to complement classic timber detail
· Deep 55mm cill an innovative timber feature
· Elegant and fashionable cam catches in a selection of colours to match conventional design
In addition to all of the above, buyers will even count on to get the windows of theirs has an A rating for energy efficiency, a protected by Design accreditation for protection along with an extremely uncommon BBA accreditation for effectiveness and life expectancy, additional advantages which are lacking from the majority of offerings.